January 28, 2009

kickin' the habits

Bare with me as I express a thought.

Lately I've been in a constant conflict, a rivalry of good and evils you could say, the battle of wrongs and rights.

Have you ever succeeded at going against what you're not used to? Not checking out the cute girl from the Library, waking up early to make sure you've got everything straight before leaving the house or maybe something as simple as not thinking about that girl when you're bored? It's funny how much time the simple, harmless things really take up, often proving to be more harmful than harmless.

It's always the big decisions that seem to be most apparent in our lives. Fulfilling the American mindset of 'Instant Gratification'. I've been shown that the truth behind being a good person isn't not getting drunk, having sex or doing drugs. We've heard it since day one, "it's the small things that count". Personally I'm not sure if there's a more cheesy thing to say. I hate the obvious and the apparent, I'd like to think that everything good comes in subliminal messages from the Lord but often, it doesn't. It's right there in front of us, we just choose to ignore it.

Now of course we want to do the right thing and more often than not we know exactly what that right 'thing' is. Part of making that good decision is making that decision based upon what we know or have been taught. Of course, for believers, God and His word being a large influence. Every circumstance is literally different from the next and whether you want to put some sort of severity rating on your decisions is up to you. Some choices we make are going to effect us much more than others but when it comes down to it they're all the same.

I'll leave you with one last opinion:

I should probably hate image but i don't. Having the ability to portray ourselves through what we wear and how we act is in itself a gift. People always say they thought me to be much different than i actually am after meeting me. I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing but i believe it has a lot to do with my prior reputation (which is a horrible one at that). Gods given us an ability. Keep your mouths shut, put the bible verses in your back pocket for later and live like you believe you're supposed to! I read a passage out of John today and was told that it's not what you can say to someone that makes them interested in who you are, it's how you act.

"But he who does the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be clearly seen, that they have been done in God."
John 3:21


Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

No comments:

Post a Comment